Monday, October 19, 2009

Kanon


Like many other Animes, Kanon originated with a Adult Vision Novel. Or in other words a Roleplaying Game. It was then adapted into five Light Novels, one for each heroine of the game.

Girl in the Snow
Beyond the Smile
Girl's Prison
Fox and the Grapes

A Sunny City


I'm going to take a shot in the dark so PLEASE don't quote me on this, but I think those names are english translations of the real titles because I can't for the life of me find them, not a hint anywhere except my original source


The first Kanon magna was serialized in MediaWorks' manga magazine Dengeki Daioh The individual chapters were later collected into two separate volumes. There are six chapters in total, three in each volume. This manga is different than the visual novel in that three of the girls stories are not told in their entirety. Near the end of each of these girls' stories were originally intended to give the viewer the remaining answers, but the manga version ends these girls' stories prematurely. Because it focused to much on main girls story. I tell you I love google!! (sarcasim) I can't find the physical books ANYWAY but I do have my choice of 1,569 sites that have in on down load!

http://www.onemanga.com/Kanon/

Kanon: The Real Feelings of the Other Side of the Smiling Face.

K so studio Toei Animation came out with a 13 episode Anime for Kanon in 2002 as well as a OVA called Kanon Kanahaza. I can't find it anywhere to buy, and found a few snips saying it was never released in the US, so you might have to go searching via less conventional means if you really want it. However in 2006 Kyoto Animation did a new adaptation of Kanon, so you shouldn't miss much. ADV picked it up for a while then it was transfered to Funi.


(This is the 2006 Anime)
Kanon, Volume 1
Kanon, Volume 2


Hope I didn't freaking confuse the lot of you, I know I am, and I wrote all this. Please if you have any more info, share! Otherwise I'll keep this on my update list and get back to it when I have time, or hear a rumor.

No comments: