Saturday, January 10, 2009

Fruits Basket! aka Furuba (Anime, Manga Romance)



Honestly cutest show I've seen in the LONGEST TIME! This show is baised off of a Book Series by Natsuki Takaya, unfortunately for a lot of us the Show is only threw book 6, personally I ran to the library and fast!

Fruits Basket Show: 3 disc
Fruits Basket, Volume 1: A Great Transformation? (Episodes 1-6)
Fruits Basket, Volume 2: What Becomes of Snow? (Episodes 7-12)
Fruits Basket, Volume 3: Puddles of Memories (Episodes 13-19)
Fruits Basket, Volume 4: The Clearing Sky (Episodes 20-26)
These only encompass volume 1 - 6 of the book series
(no word on making any more.. or at least I haven't found any which makes me sad I LOVE the voice actors)

Fruits Basket Books: volumes 1 - 23.

They have only released up to Vol. 21 in America.. or English I guess is more "PC". Anywho all of them are out in Japan, and for the clever websurfer you can find the books AND translation.. for the MORE cleverer you can find both of them together, I'm not so clever I had two diff web pages, a little difficult but it worked and let me tell you I have never NEVER finished a story so very satisfied! And I have read a LOT, I laughed and cried.. mostly cried at the end Totally a NoteBook cry though. If you will only read one Manga this year or EVER read this one. Unless of course you like fighting and war then do us a favor, put the book down and skip to the Adventure Section of Barns N' Noble, cause I don't want to hear you complain that there isn't enough blood, guts, or Mecha on some fan page(there is however a suprising abundance of blood in this story though..)


Personal Note: Like most Books-gone-to-movie they have left some stuff out, not much but if you want a little extra Zodiac love I'd read all the books, I know I have :)
Fruits Basket Volume 22 (v. 22) comes out March 17 2009
Fruits Basket Volume 23 (Fruits Basket) comes out in July 14 2009

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi! i've been looking for the books online. i own the movies and am devistated that they have not continued them. anywho i was hoping you could tell me where to find the books online so that i can read em! : ) my e-mail is raynebow_chic@hotmail.com thanks!

Stone~Amber said...

Did you scream at the discs like I did when they didn't finish the story? Wasn't the aweful!!And thanks for bringing to my attention that I haven't put up links to the books!! I'm a huge slacker, K Amazon has them as does Barnes and Noble, who also have them in their stores if you don't want to pay shipping and want them instantly!
OF if you want I'll be adding links soon to this blog
Thanks again Hope I helped

Anonymous said...

thanks! you totally helped. and i screamed my head off when thy didn't finish it. i wanted to know who she ended up with! luckly i have a sister who spoils it for me and told me : P