Monday, December 29, 2008

The Wallflower (Anime)


I LOVE IT!!! I'm in love. This Anime has gone beyond all my expectations. It must have been fate that made me pick this Manga Vol. 1, because I was at the store to get Ouran High School Host Club Vol. 3 for my sisters Christmas present, here is where Fate stepped in: There wasn't a single OHSHC on their vast Manga shelves! What they did have was The Wallflower -and an abundance of Fruits Basket but she owns all of them, as do I- So I picked it up.. and proceeded to read. I had to get over the fact that these boys look suspisciously like girls, it wasn't hard though the story ROCKS! So after gifting an already read book I went out and got the second, loving it even MORE!

Courtesy of my charming and awefully helpful blog I knew that there was a corresponding Anime to this Manga Masterpiece. if I hadn't already been in love the Anime would have done it! 4 of the 5 voice actors are tops favorites of mine (not that I dislike the 5th I just haven't heard him before.. to my knowledge) and they've brought the story to LIFE! The screaming the crying... the love!!

Anime totally 26 episodes
Wallflower, Vol. 1: Lesson 1-My Fair Bishonen epis-1~5

Wallflower Vol. 2: Lesson 2: Shrewring of the Timid epis-6~9

The Wallflower: Lesson, Vol. 3: 10 Things I Hate About Yuki 10-14

Hey all Just found out that all 26 have not be released in the US. Volumes(lessons) 1-3 were produced and released by ADV Films but then the license was switched and now Funi has it. Funimation will be releasing the Vols1-3 again in 1/20/2009 then will be releasing the rest. If you don't mind the wait I highly recommend watching Season One (as they call it), if you DO mind waiting I recommend watching this show STILL and advise you go get the Manga Oh Impatent Ones. Not sure when Season 2 will be coming out. As I said above I'm in love so I promise I'll keep you posted!

OK Chaps Sources Say that The Wallflower Part 2 will be coming out March 2009, are you excited? ALl I can say is you better, I risked life and limb for that info!! (jk)

Manga
The Wallflower 1: Yamatonadeshiko Shichihenge (Wallflower: Yamatonadeshiko Shichenge)

The Wallflower 2: Yamatonadeshiko Shichihenge (Wallflower: Yamatonadeshiko Shichenge)

The Wallflower 3: Yamatonadeshiko Shichihenge (Wallflower: Yamatonadeshiko Shichenge)

The Wallflower 4: Yamatonadeshiko Shichihenge (Wallflower: Yamatonadeshiko Shichenge)

The Wallflower 5: Yamatonadeshiko Shichihenge (Wallflower: Yamatonadeshiko Shichenge)

The Wallflower 6: Yamatonadeshiko Shichihenge (Wallflower: Yamatonadeshiko Shichenge)

The Wallflower 7: Yamatonadeshiko Shichihenge (Wallflower: Yamatonadeshiko Shichenge)

The Wallflower 8: Yamatonadeshiko Shichihenge (Wallflower: Yamatonadeshiko Shichenge)
The Wallflower 9: Yamatonadeshiko Shichihenge (Wallflower: Yamatonadeshiko Shichenge)

The Wallflower 10: Yamatonadeshiko Shichihenge (Wallflower: Yamatonadeshiko Shichenge)

The Wallflower 11: Yamatonadeshiko Shichihenge (Wallflower: Yamatonadeshiko Shichenge)

The Wallflower 12: Yamatonadeshiko Shichihenge (Wallflower: Yamatonadeshiko Shichenge)

The Wallflower 13: Yamatonadeshiko Shichihenge (Wallflower: Yamatonadeshiko Shichenge)

The Wallflower 14: Yamatonadeshiko Shichihenge (Wallflower: Yamatonadeshiko Shichenge)

The Wallflower 15: Yamatonadeshiko Shichihenge (Wallflower: Yamatonadeshiko Shichenge)

The Wallflower 16: Yamatonadeshiko Shichihenge (Wallflower: Yamatonadeshiko Shichenge)

The Wallflower 17: Yamatonadeshiko Shichihenge (Wallflower: Yamatonadeshiko Shichenge)

The Wallflower 18: Yamatonadeshiko Shichihenge (Wallflower: Yamatonadeshiko Shichenge)

No comments: