Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Vampire Knight (Anime, Manga, Video Game)


I've had this one on my list for a long time, I actually got the anime in all its japanese glory. And I tried to watch it, I did, I put forth my best effort, but I'm not strong enough. I started to fidget, and started missing more and more of the sub titles.. I gave up. The voices were amazing though, I just with I knew what they were saying! In any case I found it online at dubhappy.com and have been watching it there. I'm on episode 9, almost done.


It's pretty good, though I am curious about of few things. But I'll leave those things to a forum, no spoilers here! Also I remember I once said no horribly long reviews lol. Ok on to the normally scheduled programming.


Hey Vamp fans, this is an on going Manga. This is good news (don't sigh at me, yes it is) at least it hasn't died, been put on hiatus, or gotten lost, or compleltely abandoned like many of its kind.

There are 11 out in japan, 10 in US, serialized in Lala Magazine!
Vol 1










Vol 11 - No released until Dec. 7 2010


There are also 26 episodes of anime - 2 seasons (13 epis each, ya ya I know you can count >.> )

Ok weird. Apparently this was available to stream (the dubbed version) before the DVDs were. However before all the dub madness Season one came out in 5 volumes in japan. The first and last Vol have 2epis all the ones in between have 3. They did the same to Season two. Is it just me who finds this weird?

Anyway, like I said you can get Season 1 13 epis online, but you can only buy the first 4 on DVD. Again, weird! I'm not sure how many volumes there will be since Vol. 1 has already doubled its japanese counter part.



Vol. 2 -

Vol. 3 -
Complete First Season


Second Season is called Vampire Knight Guilty - Not released until March 15th 2011

There are 2 drama CDs, and I'm going to divulge a secret right here and now: I'm sorry everyone, but I do not know what a drama CD is!! What is it? Is it like a radio theater? Kinda like a book on CD but with actors and stuff? Please help!

Moving on, there are a few light novels, I would read these LAST!! They were created by Matsuri Hino and Ayuna Fujisaki and were published in Japan by Hakusensha in 2008. Both novels feature two individual side-stories that use the characters of the manga, but are not specifically based on chapters from the series. The first novel, Vampire Knight: Ice Blue's Sin Vanpaia Naito: Aisu Burū no Tsumi?), was published on April 5, 2008. The first story within the novel looks at events that occurred at Cross Academy in the year preceding Yuuki's arrival, while the second story details an accident that occurred while Zero was still in training to be a vampire hunter.

The second novel, Vampire Knight: Noir's Trap, Vanpaia Naito: Nowāru no Wana?), was published on October 3, 2008. It details some of the Cross Academy romances, as well as detailing the accident that happened when Kain and Ruka go to visit Shiki and Rima's modeling studio.

I completely recommend the series. Enjoy :D I'll be back to update later.

No comments: